Consolidation is the name of the game in Philadelphia, PA (A). The friends there have recently completed the expansion phase of their intensive program of growth. They have mapped out a simple, clear and systematic plan of action for their consolidation phase.
As our expansion phase drew to a close, we warmly welcomed eight more blessed souls to the Baha’i community. That means, during our ten-day period of intense teaching, eleven souls declared their faith in Bahá’u’lláh! Truly amazing.
Now, we are beginning our consolidation phase. This phase will involve:
(1) Carrying out follow-up home visits to new believers and seekers,
(2) Arranging for new believers and seekers to join the core activities (i.e. study circles, devotional gatherings, children’s classes, junior youth groups), and
(3) Accompanying new believers as they build the capacity for service.
This phase is critical. When these blessed souls can begin participating in the life of the community without delay, we can increase our pool of human resources to sustain growth in future cycles.
We can each contribute to the consolidation phase by:
(1) Visiting the homes of new believers to study with them the deepening themes of Book 2, and
(2) Hosting junior youth groups and children’s classes for the children of these believers and their neighbors.
This phase will undoubtedly be a time of great learning and perseverance. We have complete confidence in our community’s capacity to arise to serve with love and courage.
Your Area Teaching Committee